Kendrick Lamar is primarily known as a Grammy-winning American rapper and songwriter.
He is known as “King Kendrick” and is widely considered as one of the most influential rappers of his time.His compositions, which frequently incorporate social, political, religious, and philosophical aspects, served as a catalyst in the emergence of social consciousness among Millennials. Billboard and Vibe ranked Lamar the second-greatest rapper of all time, and he has received critical acclaim for his trademark cadences, artistic reinventions, and contemplative compositions.
Lamar has always had a passion for music and songwriting. As a youngster, he began recording music under the artist name K.Dot and signed with Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE) in 2005. He acquired mainstream fame after abandoning his stage moniker with the release of his final mixtape, Overly Dedicated (2010).
He has been involved in several notable business and creative projects. Here are a few of Kendrick Lamar’s notable ventures:
1. PG Lang: Kendrick Lamar co-founded PG Lang, a creative company that focuses on producing music, film, television, art, and more. The company was established to provide a platform for artists and creators to collaborate and express their talents.
2. TDE (Top Dawg Entertainment): Kendrick Lamar is closely associated with TDE, a record label and entertainment company. While he may not own the entire company, he is one of its most prominent artists and has contributed significantly to its success.
3. Nike Partnership: Kendrick Lamar has collaborated with Nike to release signature sneakers, such as the Nike Cortez Kenny and the Nike React Element 55. These sneakers have gained popularity among fans and sneaker enthusiasts.
4. Reebok Partnership: In the past, Kendrick Lamar had a partnership with Reebok to create a series of sneakers and apparel collections. This partnership aimed to promote unity and social change.
5. Ownership in Music Publishing: Kendrick Lamar, like many artists, likely has ownership in the publishing rights to his music, which can be a significant source of income.
6. Investments and Endorsements: Kendrick Lamar has made various investments and endorsements over the years, including partnerships with brands like Beats by Dre.
7. DAMN. Pop-Up Shops: To promote his critically acclaimed album “DAMN.,” Kendrick Lamar organized pop-up shops that sold exclusive merchandise related to the album. While not a company, these pop-up shops were a significant part of his album release strategy.