South Africa is one of the world’s leading estate living destinations, with several of the world’s best exclusive estates for the ultra-rich, ranging from wildlife estates to high-class estates and luxury apartments. The affluent travel to the Southern African country for lifestyle living, relaxation, and holiday. Several wealthy individuals (including locals and foreigners) who own luxury properties in the country typically do so in one of the country’s lifestyle estates or wildlife estates.
If you are planning to migrate temporarily or permanently to a new region, or if you simply want to take a vacation, South Africa has a wide range of destinations to fit your needs. In various parts of the country, there are estates mixed with animal parks, premium resorts, interesting luxury residences, and more.
Below are the top five most exclusive lifestyle estates:
Leopard Creek is an animal-free golf course, nature preserve, and lifestyle estate. The world-class estate is located near Malelane in the heart of Mpumalanga and spans 360 hectares, flanked to the north by the Crocodile River and to the west by the Kruger National Park. The lake is home to spectacular wildlife like as crocodiles and hippos, and the Clubhouse provides a unique opportunity to watch the Kruger National Park up close. The golf course is regarded as one of the best in the world.
Pezula Private Estate
The estate is situated on the Eastern Head of Knysna, in the heart of South Africa’s Beautiful Garden Route. It is made up of 612 hectares of indigenous woodlands, rare fynbos, and around four kilometers of steep and gorgeous shoreline. Pezula Estate is surrounded by Noetzie Beach and Sinclair Natural Reserve, and it offers a breathtaking view of the Indian Ocean and the surrounding lush woodlands. Only 15% of the estate is designated for residential usage, leaving the remaining 85% as pure indigenous woodland. The estate’s family-oriented lifestyle provides numerous opportunities to unwind and participate in various activities.
The estate’s environment is enhanced by iridescent vegetation, landscapes, stately oaks, hedges, blossoming camellia trees, poplars, attractive lawns, bushes, and wildflowers that combine with the Spaanschemat River’s natural flow. The homesteads feature a variety of architectural design types that provide breathtaking views, as well as onsite amenities that provide homeowners with comfort and an arcadian lifestyle.
Steenberg is one of South Africa’s oldest estates. It was initially a wine farmyard founded in 1682 in Cape Town’s upscale district of Constantia. Later, it was transformed into a hotel, winery, and golf course. It is the location of one of South Africa’s wineries, which produces award-winning wines. The Tryn Restaurant is Steenberg’s premier eatery, serving a variety of distinctive, fresh, and delicious dishes. Steenberg is a heritage location with superb hospitality and comfort.
Waterfall Equestrian Estate
The estate is one of Waterfall City’s most exclusive residential zones, designed specifically for the super-rich. The opulent estate has a swimming pool, gym, squash court, polo field, horse jumping arenas, paddocks, and a restaurant. There’s also a boutique, gorgeous bridle pathways along the Jukskei River, 12km of walking/biking trails, 63 horse stables, and 120 agricultural stands ranging in size from 8000m2 to 10000m2. Waterfall Equestrian Estate is a super-exclusive residence for the very wealthy.