5 Easiest Countries To Get A Work Visa

Which countries make it easier to obtain a work visa? Countries around the world provide a variety of visa options to let overseas students stay and work after graduation.

Work visa prospects differ by country, with some EU countries having minimal requirements for EU citizens, whereas the US requires a firm sponsor for an H-1B visa.

The procedure of obtaining a work visa is rarely simple, even for MBA and Master’s grads, but there are a few nations that make it easier.

Here are five of the simplest countries to obtain a work visa. Take a look, and you might find a new place to pursue your business degree.

1. The Netherlands

The Netherlands is well-known for its liberal work-life balance, and this flexibility extends to work visas.

The ‘Orientation visa’, a residency permit for non-EU citizens with few restrictions, permits you to stay in the Netherlands and work for a year after completing your graduate degree. After the orientation year, you must apply for the next visa.

The Orientation Visa does not require proof of sufficient income and covers temporary employment such as internships (paid or unpaid), freelancing, and even starting your own business.

Because the Netherlands is a member of the European Union, graduates with business degrees have the same opportunity to apply for an EU Blue Card, as long as they match the wage requirements in the Netherlands of €70,404 (US$78k) per year and have professional/educational experience.

Non-EU students who have achieved a master’s degree or higher within the last three years may also be eligible to apply for the ‘Highly Educated Migrant Visa’. The plan is designed to attract the best talent, thus only graduates from universities ranked in the top 200 globally or in a specific subject sector are eligible to apply.


2. Germany

As a member of the European Union, Germany provides a variety of attractive visa alternatives for individuals with excellent abilities and a solid educational background.

If you are a non-EU citizen, you can apply for an 18-month extended residency permit, which allows you to stay and work in the nation immediately after completing your final test. To be qualified, you must provide confirmation from your university that you have completed your degree.

Successful applicants are allowed to stay in Germany while seeking for a residence visa under the EU Blue Card Scheme. Non-EU citizens having professional expertise and an employment contract in the country can apply for a residency and work visa (with a minimum salary of €58,400 (US$65k) per year), which grants them working rights equivalent to nationals and free mobility in the Schengen Area with their card.

It is valid for up to four years at a fee of €110 (US$122), and you can stay in a non-EU nation for up to 12 months without your residence visa expiring. Two years after acquiring your blue card, you may apply for a settlement permit.

If you’ve returned to your home country after finishing your degree but want to work in Germany, you can apply for a Job Seeker Visa, which is a Long-Term Residence Permit that permits you to stay in Germany for up to six months to find work. Another thing to bear in mind is that all visas in Germany cost only €75 (US$88), so your work permit will not be prohibitively expensive.


3. Australia

Australia is one of the easiest countries to obtain a work visa, with two options for international graduates: the Graduate Work Stream and the Post-Study Work Stream.

If you have a qualification in an industry where there is a skills shortage in Australia, you can stay and work there under the Graduate Work Stream. The stream permits Hong Kong or British National abroad passport holders to stay for up to five years, whereas applicants from other countries are limited to an 18-month stay.

The Post-Study Work stream has less qualifications and allows for a stay of two to four years, depending on the degree you studied. Both visas cost AU$1,895 (about US$1290) and are available to students with a degree from a course provider listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).

Alternatively, you could apply for the Global Talent Visa Program (GTV), which is a work and residence visa for highly qualified people in ten different areas. These include AgTech, FinTech, MedTech, Cyber Security, Data Science, Space, and Advanced Manufacturing.

To apply, candidates must be supported by an Australian national with a global reputation in the same sector or an internationally recognized organization, and they must earn at least AU$162,000 (US$110,400). There are 5,000 spots available.

Melbourne Business School and the Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM) at the University of New South Wales Business School in Sydney are among Australia’s top business schools.


4. Singapore

Singapore is already a popular destination for MBAs, thanks to top-tier institutions such as NUS Business School and Singapore Management University, as well as connections to corporations around Asia.

If you have completed a higher education program in the country, you are eligible to apply for a Short-Term Visit Pass and a Short-Term Visit Pass Extension, which allow you to stay in Singapore for an additional 30-90 days. After earning this breathing room, apply for a Long-Term Visit Pass, which allows you to stay in Singapore for up to two years.

Once you’ve discovered your dream job in the city-state, there are a few work visa options accessible to you. The Employment Pass is intended for professionals, managers, and executives who make at least S$5000 (US$3,700) per month and are sponsored by their employer for up to two years. After September 1st, 2023, eligibility requires passing a Complementary Assessment Framework.

provided you are a’mid-skilled’ worker, you will be eligible for the S Pass, which allows graduates to stay for up to two years provided they earn at least S$3000 (US$2,300) each month. (After September 1st, this amount will rise to S$3,150).

If you intend to start your own business in Singapore, you can also apply for an EntrePass. To be eligible, you must have launched or intend to launch a Singapore-registered private limited business. To be accepted, your company must be venture capital-backed or have new technologies.

5. Canada

Despite sharing a long border with the United States, Canada’s flexible immigration system could not be more different from its neighbor’s.

While the United States prohibits visas, Canada remains one of the easiest countries to obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).

In most circumstances, the PGWP allows students to stay in the nation for the duration of their studies. (If you completed up to 50% of your studies outside of Canada, this will be removed from the amount of time you can stay.) To apply, students must have graduated from an eight-month program. Graduates of a two-year MBA program may be eligible for a three-year PGWP.

You may also apply for permanent residency (i.e., the right to live and work in Canada) through the Federal Skilled Worker or Canadian Experience Class programs. Both systems issue permits if you have one year of full-time work experience (defined as 30 hours per week for 12 months) in managerial, professional, or technical positions. Applicants to the Canadian Experience Class program must have completed work experience in Canada.

Top Canadian business schools include the University of Western Ontario’s Ivey Business School, Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business, McGill University’s Desautels Faculty of Management, and the University of British Columbia’s Sauder School of Business.

Leave a Reply