Manchester City tops in United States’ Followership Base

Manchester City is the second-most popular European club in the United States.

According to data, Pep Guardiola and treble-winning Manchester City are ranked higher than European behemoths such as Barcelona, Liverpool, and Real Madrid.

According to data from a poll conducted by Statista Consumer Insights and relayed by Casinos En Ligne via social media.

The study looked at football fans in the United States and based its findings on a percentage.

Pep Guardiola and his treble-winners are currently the joint second-most followed European club in the United States, with an 8% stake.

Chelsea are the other team in second place.

However, its neighbors Manchester United are way ahead with 18%, while fellow Premier League sides Arsenal and Liverpool (both 7%) are also in the top-seven in this league standings.

According to the same survey, Spanish rivals Barcelona (7%), and Real Madrid (5%), are well followed across the Atlantic. However, no teams from Germany, France, or Italy are selected.

The seven stated teams, including Manchester City, account for 60% of the total. That leaves other (unnamed) clubs to make up the remaining 40%. The sample size, however, is not specified.

Manchester City has recently dominated the Premier League. Indeed, they have won the Premier League five times out of a potential seven times since Guardiola took over as manager in 2016.

Between 2018 and 2021, the Blues won four consecutive Carabao Cups under his leadership. In addition, the FA Cup will return to the Etihad Stadium in 2019 and 2023.

They completed a historic treble with the Premier League and Champions League. City defeated Inter Milan to claim European glory for the first time.

Leave a Reply