University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Research Grants is a brainchild of the Andrea Mitchell Center for the Study of Democracy.
This offer will award up to 10 undergraduate research fellowships for projects to be begun in the summer of 2023 and completed during the 2023-2024 academic year.
2023 University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Research Grants Details:
All full-time Penn undergraduate students enrolled in any school who wish to undertake research pertinent to any dimension of democracy, its practice or theory, as well as the related themes of citizenship and constitutional government, are eligible to apply. Grants may be combined with funding from other programs.
Applicants are expected but not required to conduct research that will contribute to the writing of a Senior Essay or the completion of an independent study course during the 2023-2024 academic year. Work may involve travel to libraries, archives, field or interview sites, or other institutions.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants will relocate to USA
- Applicants must enrol in full-time program
- Applicants must be ready to study undergraduate courses
- Applicants must have proof of English Language proficiency
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Students may receive grants of up to $3000 for research expenses.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Research Statement. A statement not exceeding 1000 words describing the aims and rationale for the research project related to some dimension of “Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism” that you wish to undertake. Indicate as concretely as possible your preliminary research plans.
- Budget. A preliminary budget of your research expenses. Appropriate items include research travel, housing, food, and phone costs, book and document costs, fees to use archives, survey costs, etc.
- Transcript. An UNSECURED copy of your [email protected] transcript (print a PDF or take a screenshot from your browser window).
- C.V. or Resume (optional).
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.
The Application Deadline is 15th March 2023