FIFA banned a former youth coach in the Democratic Republic of the Congo from football for 20 years on Friday for s**ually abusing a young player.
Jonathan Bukabakwa was “found guilty of s**ually abusing a minor football player,” according to the world football regulatory body.
It said the adjudicatory chamber had also fined Bukabakwa 100,000 Swiss francs (112,000 dollars).
The case, said FIFA’s statement, followed allegations on several media platforms of the s**ual abuse of minors by coaches in different regions and leagues in DR Congo.
Bukabakwa was provisionally suspended for five months earlier this year.
FIFA said that following an investigation the adjudicatory chamber “was comfortably satisfied that Mr Bukabakwa had breached…the Code of Ethics.”
FIFA said that the decision was in line with its “zero tolerance approach to all forms of abuse in football”.