ARIPO Young Professionals Programme is a well-structured unique on-the-job learning and development programme aimed at grooming and nurturing high-potential young professionals from diverse academic backgrounds.
This Program is also targeted to look into the technical aspects of Intellectual Property (IP) as well as leadership and administrative roles, and empowering them to contribute to the socio-economic growth and development of Africa.
The African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO) invites applications from graduates of its Member States for a two-year Young Professionals Programme (YPP), at the ARIPO Headquarters in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Botswana, Cape Verde, Kingdom of Eswatini, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Kingdom of Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Requirements for 2023 ARIPO Young Professionals Programme (YPP):
To be considered for the program, you must have:
- First Degree in Law (LLB), Botany, Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Economics, and Statistics
- obtained not more than five years prior to the date of application.
- Planning, and problem-solving skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Creativity and innovativeness Strong digital literacy
- Not more than 28 years of age at the time of application.
Duration and Reward
- Monthly stipend of US$2,500;
- a once-off settling-in grant of an amount equivalent to one month’s stipend, on appointment;
- free travel (to the host country) on appointment and (to home country) on completion of the programme;
- Medical Aid (80% employer and 20% participant);
- annual leave, sick leave and compassionate leave;
- Group Life, Funeral and Accident Cover;
- a once-off repatriation grant of an amount equivalent of one month’s stipend on completion of the programme.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- detailed curriculum vitae,
- copies of relevant academic and professional certificates,
- national identity document/passport,
- and a recent passport-size photograph saved
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, please submit an application letter addressed to The Director General of ARIPO, accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity document/passport, and a recent passport-size photograph saved as a single PDF to email@example.com not later than 10 March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The Application Deadline is 10th March 2023