The Action for Climate Empowerment Hub (ACE Hub) is a three-year collaboration between the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Industry, Climate Action and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) and UN Climate Change aimed at fostering the implementation of Article 12 of the Paris Agreement related to education and public awareness, training, public participation, and public access to information known as Action for Climate Empowerment (ACE), in NRW and globally.
The objective of the ACE Hub is to increase public support to, and engagement in, climate action activities that can help accelerate the implementation of the Paris Agreement across all sectors of society. The ACE Hub also includes a range of activities to support the implementation of the Glasgow work programme on ACE and its four-year action plan, such as providing capacity building, tools and knowledge to governments and other stakeholders across the world, so that they can better engage the public, including young people, in climate action.
Youth is a special focus of the ACE Hub and activities dedicated to supporting meaningful youth engagement will also be delivered, including regional youth dialogues and an ACE Hub youth event which will take place in Bonn, Germany to increase awareness, education and participation in climate action. Please follow these links for additional information:
- ACE webpage: https://unfccc.int/ace
- ACE Hub webpage: https://unfccc.int/ace-hub
- ACE Hub Youth Event webpage: https:// unfccc.int/action-for-climate-empowerment-hub-youth-event
Recognizing the importance of developing the diverse knowledge, values and skills necessary to address the climate crisis, the ACE Hub Youth Event aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Contribute to efforts to build the skills and strengthen competencies of youth to take climate action at the local, national, regional and international levels;
2. Provide an opportunity for youth to collaborate on innovative climate solutions and initiatives; and
3. Connect and encourage exchange and networking among local and international youth.
The ACE Hub Youth Event will be organized in-person in Bonn, Germany, in English and in collaboration with multiple partners. Participants will include 25 international youth and 25 youth from NRW.
The event will take place over a period of 3 – 4 days, comprised of modules centered around skills development. Some aspects of a hackathon methodology such as interactive training sessions led by experts which foster innovation, youth entrepreneurship, leadership, etc. and encourage group collaboration will be incorporated into the modules. Past ACE Hub youth events focused on topics such as effective communication, content and campaign creation, climate emotions and futures literacy.
Participants will also have an opportunity for exchange and networking among fellow youth participants to share knowledge, skills and learn from each other. Opportunities to engage with regional and international experts will also be possible.
Participants will also have the opportunity to attend the 58th session of the subsidiary bodies (SBs) at the World Conference Center Bonn, including the 2023 ACE Dialogue.
Through a call for applications, the Official Children and Youth Constituency of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (YOUNGO) will be responsible for the selection of 15 international youth participants and 25 youth participants from NRW.
The Selection process will follow a fair and inclusive approach in identifying participants taking into consideration geographical representation, as appropriate, and gender balance.
The Selection process should also follow a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure the participation of a diverse group of individuals with varying backgrounds, therefore individuals from all academic disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must also meet the following criteria:
•Be between the ages of 18 – 35 at the time of the event
• Be fluent in English (orally);
• Be able to participate in person for the full duration of the event;
• Have an interest in or experience with one or more elements of ACE, i.e., climate education and public awareness, training, public participation, and access to information; and
• Ideally have founded, led, and/or participated in a youth-led climate movement, campaign, initiative, business, or similar activity.
Terms and conditions
• Participants of the 2022 ACE Youth Exchange and 2022 ACE Hackathon are eligible to apply but priority will be given to new applicants.
• Participants are responsible for arranging their own visas if applicable. UNFCCC is unable to support contacting local, national, or international authorities regarding visa requests. The UNFCCC can provide visa support letters to facilitate the visa-issuance process.
• Participants are responsible for organizing their own health insurance and accommodation.
• UNFCCC can make the necessary travel arrangements, if applicable, and provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) for the duration of the event that is intended to account for all incurred costs during the trip, including lodging, meals, gratuities, and other expenses.
• Participants should have available funds to cover expenses prior to and during the event should there be a delay in DSA disbursement.
• By attending the event, participants agree that pictures and videos will be taken and may be used for PR purposes.
• The UNFCCC code of conduct applies to all participants of meetings organized by the UNFCCC (Link to the Code of Conduct: https://unfccc.int/about-us/code-of-conduct-for-unfccc-conferences-meetings-and-events)
• Data entered in this form by applicants will be used by the organizers following the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
As YOUNGO, we are calling for all interested applicants to apply by filling out this form by 20th March 2023 23:59 CET.
For questions and inquiries please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Learn more and apply via: https://lnkd.in/dq6v_TCH