Apple has now delivered a new iOS 16 update to millions of devices, which includes new emojis, improved notifications, and the ability to preserve storage space.
If you have an iPhone in your pocket, it’s worth going to the settings menu and downloading Apple’s latest software update. The American technology behemoth has recently released iOS 16.4 to smartphones all throughout the world, with numerous enhancements included.
The addition of 21 new emojis, including additional animals, hand gestures, and objects, is perhaps the most significant improvement.
After installed, you’ll find Shaking Face and Pushing Hand, as well as a Donkey, Moose, and Goose.
Of course, iOS 16.4 isn’t only about keyboard characters; it also includes new notifications from online apps, which now appear on the screen.
Improved voice isolation eliminates background noise when making phone calls, allowing you to be heard more clearly.
Apple has also confirmed that iO 16.4 is capable of detecting and removing duplicate photographs from an iCloud Shared Photo Library. This should result in less space being used when family members share the same account.
Additional upgrades include accessibility feature updates as well as bug fixes.
Apple also claims to have improved the Collision Detection feature featured in iPhone 14 models, which can phone 911 in the event of an accident.
If you want to check out these new upgrades, downloading is straightforward. Simply go to the Settings menu, then select General and Software Update. You should be able to download and install iOS 16.4 from this page.
The only thing to keep in mind is that it is a 1.9GB download, so you may want to wait until you’re connected to Wi-Fi before installing it, otherwise it may consume all of your mobile data.
HERE’S EVERYTHING NEW IN IOS 16.4
• 21 brand new emoji including animals, hand gestures, and objects are now available in the emoji keyboard
• Notifications for web apps added to the Home Screen
• Voice Isolation for cellular calls prioritises your voice and blocks out ambient noise around you
• Duplicates album in Photos expands support to detect duplicate photos and videos in an iCloud Shared Photo Library
• VoiceOver support for maps in the Weather app
• Accessibility setting to automatically dim video when flashes of light or strobe effects are detected
• Fixes an issue where Ask to Buy requests from children may fail to appear on the parent’s device
• Addresses issues where Matter-compatible thermostats could become unresponsive when paired to Apple Home
• Crash Detection optimisations on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models