Dorgu is the the Church of England’s first black bishop for 20 years.
Here are seven things you need to know about him:
1. Fifty eight-year-old Dorgu was born and brought up in Nigeria, where he trained as a doctor.
2. He studied at the London Bible College for his BA, and studied for his ordination at Oak Hill 3. Theological College from 1993 to 1995 and also holds an MA in missiology.
3. He was ordained in the UK. Woolwich, in south-east London
4. Revd. Karowei has been the Minister at St John’s since 1998. He was a former GP and missionary.
5. Karowei loves to cook for guests, including his weekly Bible study group and he also plays the bongos in church
6. He is married to Mosun, a consultant child psychiatrist.
7 He succeeded the Right Reverend Michael Geoffrey Ipgrave.