Seiyefa replaces Lawal Daura who was sacked on Tuesday, August 7, 2018, by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.
The Nigerian government has announced the appointment of Matthew Seiyefa, the most senior Director in the Department of State Service (DSS), as the new Acting Director General of the agency.
Seiyefa replaces Lawal Daura who was sacked on Tuesday by Acting President Yemi Osinbajo over the invasion of the National Assembly by DSS operative.
Here are 5 things you need to know about the new DSS chief, Matthew Seiyefa
1. He is from Bayelsa State, a minority state in the south-southern Nigeria.
2. He was the most senior director in the DSS, being an Assistant DG.
3. He was also the Director, Institute of Security Studies, Abuja, established in 2015.
4. He has over 34 years of experience in service.
5. Seiyefa has served in different capacities, including the state director in Osun state, Akwa Ibom state, and Nigeria’s commercial city, Lagos.