In an interview with the Associated Press, Han Song Ryol, the North Korean deputy foreign minister, said the situation on the Korean Peninsula was “stalled” and that the US president “created problems “Via its” aggressive “messages on Twitter.
“Trump always makes provocations with his aggressive words. […] It is not North Korea, but the United States and Trump that create problems, “he said.
Previously, the US President sent an armada of warships to the Korean Peninsula and declared itself ready to deploy nuclear submarines. Faced with the threat of a pre-emptive strike, the North Korean minister warned that North Korea “would go to war if necessary” and would continue to develop its nuclear program.
“We will certainly not stand idly by in the face of an American pre-emptive attack,” Han said. He also said that Pyongyang would conduct its next nuclear test as soon as its leaders deem it appropriate.
Previously, the US National Security Council presented President Donald Trump with a report on possible US reactions to the nuclear threat from Pyongyang, including the possibility of deploying nuclear weapons in Korea South.
On Thursday, NBC television, citing a source in US intelligence, said Washington was ready to conduct a “preemptive strike by conventional means” against North Korea. Two US combat ships equipped with the Tomahawk cruise missiles are currently deployed in the Korean peninsula region, the channel said, adding that one of them is about 300 nautical miles from the supposed site of the next nuclear test North Korean.
According to South Korean intelligence, the next nuclear test in the North is scheduled for April 15, the day of the 105th anniversary of the birth of the first North Korean leader, Kim Il-sung
Source: Sputnik France