Deadline: 15 Nov/1 Dec 2017 (annual)
Study in: Canada
Course starts 2018
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study:
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC.
Number of Awards:
International Leader of Tomorrow Award winners receive awards proportional to financial need. Financial need is determined by tuition, fees, and living costs, minus the financial contribution you and your family can make annually. A standard needs-assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
The Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion, whichever is less. Your award may be renewed provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
• be applying for their first undergraduate degree
• be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
• have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
• be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
• demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
• be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
You must be nominated by the high school you are currently attending or recently graduated from, or the college/university you are transferring from. When you are confirmed for nomination by your school, college, or university, your institution must use the International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination package.
Nomination packages must be postmarked by 15 November 2017. Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC by 1 December 2017 and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2018.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the nomination package/application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: you.ubc.ca