1. Percentage wise, there are about 30 times more twins in that town than there are in Europe
According to a BBC article, there are about 158 twins per 1000 newborns in Twin Capital of the World, compared to 5 twins per 1000 newborns in Europe.
2. People attribute the predominance of twins to a meal
Àmàlà and Ìlasà is a morsel meal that combines yam powder and okra soup. Yams contain gonadotrophins, a chemical that helps women produce multiple eggs.
3. Twins are regarded as special creatures
Twins are taken care of in a special way: they wear the same clothes and have a shrine built for them in their living room.
4. The same phenomenon was observed in two other cities in the world
The towns of Kodinji in India and Candido in Brazil both have a high number of twin births.
5. Some community members worship twins
In a BBC interview, community members stated that “It’s a sort of honour to be so-called Father or mother of twins because they are a special breed from God.”
6. Raising twins can sometimes be difficult
7. Twins are not the only thing that makes this town famous
The Twin Capital of the World is also a large charcoal-producing town.
8. The town in question is called Igbo-Ora
sources : bbc
Igbo-Ora is a small town in the Oyo State, north of Lagos, Nigeria.