Top US government security and election officials have released a joint statement declaring that the presidential election last week “was the most secure in American history” and making clear that “there is no evidence” that voting was compromised in any way.
The statement published by the New York Times comes after Trump and his base claim there was high level voter fraud during the elections.
The statement is attributed to a high-ranking official at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, a branch of the Department of Homeland Security along with several top elections officials.
In the statement released Thursday night, officials listed the many ways in which they said elections officials in states with close contests would recheck their counts and add “security and resilience” to their processes.
“There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised,” the statement said.
“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should, too,” officials added in their statement.
“When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”
Trump has filed lawsuits to prevent several key battleground states from certifying results claiming Joe Biden stole the election from him by performing voter fraud.
— The New York Times (@nytimes) November 13, 2020