African-American businessmen are continuing to make waves in the world of entrepreneurship. These black businessmen know what it takes to make it to the top. Here are the leading companies with black entrepreneurs.
- Knight Solutions – This business was established in 2005 by Kevin Knight. This Virgina company is a general contractor that recruits veterans to work on veteran cemeteries. Knight Solutions was given the Veterans Affairs Business Award by the town of Leesburg.
- StandBy Talent Staffing Services – This Atlanta company offers staffing services to various businesses and institutions in the field of accounting, finance, IT, administrative, and office system. This company is run by Derrick Harris and has been in business since 2013.
- Global Commerce & Services – Founded in 2000, this company has been providing software engineering, systems, cyber security, project management, and information assurance to the government and military. This company is headed by Joaneane Smith and has successful deals with the US Navy and USDA.
- VETS Etc. – This company was founded in 2009 in California. They offer logistics consulting staffing, business intelligence, business process engineering, and analytics for their clients. Before starting this company, John Nash served the military and worked for the California Department of Corrections.
His business aims to grow and promote veteran-owned small businesses. This company serves clients including the Federal Defense and Civilian agencies, State and Local government as well as various commercial businesses.
- Urban Investment Group – This Washington D.C. company focuses on real estate development and is managed by Abiud Zerubabel. They specialize in building, restoring and developing commercial establishments and residential properties in D.C.
- American Care Partners – This home health care agency provides nursing services for both adults and children. This company was founded by Elias Demoz in 2009 in Virginia. They also offer specialty, pediatric, and personal home care services.
- Net3com Global – Established in 2001, this California business is continuously developing, licensing, and promoting internet security and technology services. They provide solutions to any computer-related problems. Cashier Myricks is the CEO of this fast growing technology company.
- Pontchartrain Partners – This company was founded in 2009 to help rebuild the flood protection system in New Orleans after the devastating catastrophe by Hurricane Katrina. They extended their services to civil, mechanical, coastal, and roadway construction.
Their client includes local and federal government clients. This business was established by Danny Blanks and has grown over the years thanks to his dedicated team.