Bad breath, medically called halitosis, can result from poor dental health habits and may be a sign of other health problems. Bad breath can also be made worse by the types of foods you eat and other unhealthy lifestyle habits, as defined by WebMD. Here are the easiest tips to tackle this good breath killer.
1. The easiest way to treat bad breath is to brush your teeth after each meal. This is because leftover food particles if left to stay are the causes of bad breath. After each meal, endeavour to brush your teeth. More so, pay regular attention to your tongue. Brush it very well. Bacteria form on the tongue if it is not taken care of to cause odor.
2. There are herbs and mouth fresheners to help those who can’t brush after each meal. Chew aromatic herbs or gum and lookout for mouth fresheners and mints to keep the mouth busy. It can help especially ones with no sugar.
3. Water, water and more water is good for your breath. Drinking water helps keep the tongue and body hydrated. Drinking water regularly will help you tackle bad breath.
4. Always remember to change your brush. When your brush is long overdue for change and can no longer scrub the tongue or brush the teeth perfectly, it is time for change. Change it for a new one and brush better to chase that bad breath away.
5. Finally, fruits like apple, vegetables, lettuce, carrots etc can help you fight bad breath. These foods serve as natural cleaning machine to the mouth as it contains vitamins and antioxidants to help the mouth fight bacteria.
With these five steps holistically followed, you will eliminate that bad breath and mouth odour in no time. If this doesn’t work, please do well to see your dentist.