Robert Mugabe resigned as Zimbabwe’s president in 2017 to avoid impeachment which was the only legal way to get him out of power.
This was after the army and his former political allies (his own ruling party ZANU-PF party) made a strong move against him.
These are some of the hilarious and unforgettable Robert Mugabe quotes:
1. We of Africa protest that, in this day and age, we should continue to be treated as lesser human beings than other races.
2. Africa must revert to what it was before the imperialists divided it. These are artificial divisions which we, in our pan-African concept will seek to remove.
3. We don’t mind having sanctions banning us from Europe. We are not Europeans.
4. We are still exchanging blows with the British government. They are using gay gangsters. Each time I pass through London, the gangster regime of Blair ‘expresses its dismay’.
5. We need continuity in our race, and that comes from the woman, and no to homosexuality. John and John, no; Maria and Maria, no…I keep pigs and the male pig knows the female one.
6. Don’t fight even over girlfriends. The country is full of beautiful women. If you can’t get one, come to Mugabe for assistance.
7. We have said we will never collapse, never ever. We may have our droughts, our poverty, but as a people, we shall never collapse, never ever.
8. Only God who appointed me will remove me.
9. I will never, never, never, never surrender. Zimbabwe is mine. I am a Zimbabwean. Zimbabwe for Zimbabweans. Zimbabwe never for the British. Britain for the British.
10. The only white man you can trust is a dead white man.
11. Countries such as the U.S. and Britain have taken it upon themselves to decide for us in the developing world, even to interfere in our domestic affairs and to bring about what they call regime change.
12. The white man is not indigenous to Africa…The white man is here as a second citizen.
13. If President Barack Obama wants me to allow marriage for same-sex couples in my country (Zimbabwe), he must come here so that I marry him first.
14. Racism will never end as long as white cars are still using black tires; If people still use black color for bad luck and white for peace; If people still wear white clothes to weddings and black clothes to funerals; As long as those who don’t pay their bills are blacklisted and not ‘whitelisted’… But I don’t care as long as I still use the white tissue paper to wipe my ass! With that only, I will always be very fine.
15. The land is ours. It’s not European and we have taken it, we have given it to the rightful people… Those of white extraction who happen to be in the country and are farming are welcome to do so, but they must do so on the basis of equality.