As every season, Opta achieved a ranking of the fastest players in the Premier League. And this year, the great winner is … Leroy Sané. The young German winger of Manchester City was flashed at 35.48 km / h during the short win over the Sky Blues on Chelsea’s lawn (1-0), last weekend during the 7th day.
Never since 2014, when the statistics company began to take up this measure, a player had not run so fast. The previous record was set last year by Jamie Vardy, who had managed a sprint at 35.31 km / h. The English striker from Leicester City, who is now only eighth in the standings (35.09 km / h).
Leroy Sané, ahead of Patrick van Aanholt (35.42 km / h) and Antonio Rüdiger (Chelsea, 35.19 km / h) is not the only Citizen to be in the top 10. Kyle Walker, this summer, is fourth (35.16 km / h). Two Frenchmen are well placed: Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal, 35.11 km / h) is seventh and Kurt Zouma (Stoke City, 34.94 km / h) ninth.
1. Leroy Sané (Manchester City): 35.48 km / h
2. Patrick van Aanholt (Crystal Palace): 35.42 km / h
3. Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
4. Antonio Rüdiger (Chelsea ) : 35.16 km / h
5. Oliver Burke (West Bromwich Albion): 35.13 km / h
6. Kiko Femenia (Watford): 35.12 km / h
7. Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal): 35.11 km / h
8. Jamie Vardy (Leicester City ): 35.09 km / h
9. Kurt Zouma (Stoke City): 34.94 km / h
10. Sadio Mané (Liverpool): 34.84 km / h