It’s that time of the year again, FORBES magazine has published its list of the richest people on the planet for 2018, and surprisingly, only 10 of them are black, down from 12, a year ago. Who are the richest black billionaires?
With an estimated net worth of $12.2 billion, Nigerian business magnate, Aliko Dangote is still the richest black person in the world. Dangote is not only the richest man in Africa; he’s also the world’s richest black person.
The next person on the list is the Saudi-Ethiopian construction magnate Mohammed Al-Amoudi with an estimated worth of $8.4billion. He is followed by Mike Adenuga ($6.1 billion), Isabel Dos Santos ($3.1 billion), and Oprah Winfrey ($3 billion).
The self-made media mogul Oprah Winfrey is still the richest African-American person in the world.
Meet The Top 10 Richest Black Billionaires In The World For 2017
- Aliko Dangote ($12.2 billion)
Nigeria, Sugar, Cement, Flour
- Mohammed Al-Amoudi ($8.4billion)
Saudi-Ethiopian tycoon, Oil
- Mike Adenuga ($6.1 billion)
- Isabel Dos Santos ($3.1 billion)
- Oprah Winfrey ($3 billion)
- Robert Smith ($2.5 billion)
US, Private Equity
- Patrice Motsepe ($1.81 billion)
South Africa, Mining
- Folorunsho Alakija ($1.61 billion)
- Michael Jordan ($1.31 billion)
- Mohammed Ibrahim ($1.14 billion)
UK, Mobile Telecoms, Investments