in

This Is Why Your Boiled Egg Must Never Be Microwaved!

 

Recently published research claims that heating an egg up in a microwave may cause it to literally explode.

giphy-66.gif

 

An unnamed man alleged that a microwaved hard-boiled egg from the restaurant gave him severe burns and hearing damage when he tried to eat it.

The case was settled out of court, but Nash and Von Blohn’s research continued and has recently been published by Eureka Alert

All of the eggs they boiled were placed in a bowl of water and heated for three minutes in a microwave.

Only 30 per cent of the eggs they tested survived the cycle and only exploded after being removed and poked with a knife or sharp object.

When they did explode they created a sound which registered between 86 to 133 on the decibel scale, which is loud but is so brief that it is unlikely to cause any serious damage.

They also found that the yolk in all of the eggs was much warmer than the water that they had been boiled in.

For both the exploded eggs and eggs that didn’t explode, we would probe the inside of the yolk with the thermometer.

We discovered that the yolk’s temperature was consistently higher than the surrounding water bath.

With all this knowledge in mind, we would strongly suggest you stick to a cold egg.

Loading...

What do you think?

600 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 0

Upvotes: 0

Upvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Dwayne Johnson, a.k.a ‘The Rock’ Just Opened Up On Why He Won’t Be Running For Presidency Again

Meet Andre Blaise Essama, The Cameroonian Nationalist Chopping Off Heads Of Colonial Statues In His Country