As the digital revolution continues to envelop the world, people are constantly trying to keep up with the latest in technological advancements. Whether it be computers, tablets, smartphones, online sites, software developers, social media and the list goes on, the biggest tech brands in the world are in a constant battle against each other to become the best.
Interbrand, at the end of 2016 created a list of the top brands in the world based on growth, net worth and an array of other factors. Drawing from that list here is the list of the top 10 tech brands in the world:
10) eBay: eBay is number 32 on the overall list of biggest global brands. eBay was founded in San Jose, USA, in 1995, is a multinational corporation and e-commerce company, providing consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales services via the Internet. Today it is a multi-billion-dollar business with operations localized in over 30 countries.The company manages eBay.com, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a broad variety of goods and services worldwide. eBay, with a net worth of $8, 2 billion is the 10th biggest global tech brand.
9)Oracle: Rated the 17th biggest global brand, Oracle was established in 1977 in California, USA, Oracle is a multinational computer technology company that specialises in developing and marketing its own range of computer hardware systems and enterprise software products including its own brand of data base management systems. Oracle’s success has seen them amount a net worth of $ 49,4 billion and become the 9th biggest global tech brand.
8) Cisco Systems: Cisco Systems , the 16th rated brand on the overall list, is an American multinational technology company with its headquartered in San Jose, California. Cisco systems designs, manufactures and sells networking equipment. It is considered to be the biggest networking company in the world. This sees Cisco rated the 8th biggest tech brand in the world with a net worth of $ 49,24 billion.
7)Facebook: Facebook, the only social media on the list is ranked 15th overall. Founded in 2004 by pioneer Mark Zuckerberg is a social media platform which allows its users, over 1 billion of them, to connect with friends and family as well as allowing them to express themselves. Amassing its net worth of $350 billion, Facebok is the 7th biggest tech brand in the world.
6) Intel: Intel was founded in 1968 and is the worlds 14th biggest brand. The company is an American multinational corporation and technology company and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California . It is the world’s largest and highest valued semiconductor chip makers based on revenue, and is the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors: the processors found in most personal computers (PCs). Intel supplies processors for computer system manufacturers such as Apple, Lenovo (formerly IBM), HP, and Dell. Intel also manufactures motherboard chipsets, network interface controllers and integrated circuits, flash memory, graphics chips, embedded processors and other devices related to communications and computing. With a net worth of $116 billion is the worlds 14th biggest tech brand.
5) Amazon: Amazon, the 8th biggest global brand, is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company, founded on July 5, 1994, and based in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest Internet-based retailer in the world by total sales and market capitalization. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, later diversifying to sell an array of products. The company also produces consumer electronics notably, Amazon Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, and Fire TV and is the world’s largest provider of cloud infrastructure services. Amazon has a net worth of $250 billion and is the 5th biggest tech brand in the world.
4) Samsung: Samsung is the 7th in the overall biggest brand in the world. The company was started as a trading company in 1938, diversified and entered the electronics industry in the late 1960’s. Samsung is the worlds largest information technology company and has massive strides in the electronic device industry, now competing at the top end. With a networth of over $200 billion, Samsung is the worlds 4th largest tech brand.
3) Microsoft: Microsoft, rated 4th on the overall list, is an American multinational technology company , founded in 1975 by Paul Allen and the famous Bill Gates is headquartered in Redmond, Washington. The company develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2016, it was the world’s largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world’s most valuable companies. The net worth of Microsoft is $407 billion and sees them ranked as the 3rd biggest tech brand in the world.
2) Google: Google, the 2nd biggest global brand, was founded in 1996 and is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products that include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, software, and hardware. Google is the biggest search engine in the world and has diversified into many other aspects of the ICT field. With a net worth of $498 billion, Google is the worlds 2nd biggest tech brand.
1) Apple: Apple, founded in 1976 and rated the biggest brand in the world, is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services. Its hardware products include the various products such as smartphones, tablets, personal computers and various other devices. Apple’s consumer software includes the macOS and iOS operating systems, the iTunes media player, the Safari web browser, and the iLife and iWork creativity and productivity suites. Apple’s online services include the iTunes Store, the iOS App Store and Mac App Store, Apple Music, and iCloud. Apple has an astonishing net worth of $495 billion is the biggest tech global brand.
By Dean Workman