- Tosin Abasi (Animals as Leaders) – This African-American artist truly knows his roots. He went on tours with his old band, Reflux, but decided to go back to music school to improve his craft and become a better musician.
His passion and commitment to music became an inspiration for music fans and led to the conception of the progressive heavy metal band, Animals As Leaders, where he became the founder and lead guitarist of the band.
- Carley Coma (Candiliria) – Coma is the lead vocalist of rock band, Candiliria. He is a great artist and musician. This singer has one of the highest energy when performing on stage.
The band’s latest album, “While They Were Sleeping,” came from Coma’s visualization of the 9/11 tragedy. His imagination runs through the lives of the people during this devastating time.
- Derrick Green (Sepultura) – Sepultura is one of the most notable metal bands in the rock scene. Green is the front man of this Brazilian group and replaced the band’s founder, Max Cavalera. He also joined another thrash metal group, Musical Diablo.
- Benji Webbe (Skindred) – He is the lead vocalist of the reggae and nu metal band, Skindred. Webbe also performs as the lead singer for Dub War and Mass Mental.
In 2015, he released his solo album, “I Haven’t Been Nicking In Ages.” Skindred produces a diversified cultural music including reggae, ska, punk, dub, dance, and hip-hop tunes.
- Ice-T, Ill Will, Ernie C, and Vincent Price (Body Count) – Body Count first entered the music scene with a controversial song, “Cop Killer.” It created anger among the government and police officials. This rap metal band is certainly not afraid to speak their mind and this approach actually worked to their favor.
With the popularity of the band, Ice-T ventured into acting and became one of the mainstays in “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.”
- Doug Pinnick (King’s X) – King’s X is one of the earliest progressive metal bands that has been in the industry for more than 30 years. The group has become an icon, especially to newer progressive bands.
Pinnick openly discusses his homosexuality as well as his anti-Christianity religious belief.
- Eric Moore and Dean Pleasants (Suicidal Tendencies) – This metal rock group is known for having interracial band members including Moore and Peasants. This crossover band is never short in talent with Moore beating the drums and Peasants acting as the lead guitarist.