The Powering Africa: Summit (PAS) is a platform to showcase power, trade and infrastructure investment opportunities across the African continent, engaging decision makers from the American and African public and private sectors to explore how project bankability can be increased.
President Obama’s Power Africa initiative has helped map the way for project investment, giving a platform to global investment funds and showcasing the role they can play in driving forward the development of Africa’s power sector. PAS 2016 will build on this progress in Washington, D.C. January 2016.
What’s changed for the 2016 Summit?
- This year’s Summit will focus on the successes of the private sector – including America’s private equity houses, sovereign wealth funds and America’s power house family wealth funds
- Trade relationships will be a new and important focus – This comes following the recent announcement of The African Growth and Opportunity Act, giving sub-Saharan African nations duty-free access to U.S. markets for certain goods
- Showcase for infrastructure development and new power development opportunities – such as distributed Power/off grid technologies, Gas to Power projects, technology showcase and small scale projects to watch in Africa
- A detailed look at the increasing interest of global investors in emerging markets energy infrastructure – following a surge of private equity interest across Sub-Saharan Africa, PAS will explore the power & infrastructure projects currently piquing the interest of investors, including the gas to power supply chain
- An update on the South African Gas IPP programme – by design this programme will reward early stage movers, and if the South Africa: Gas Options conversation in Cape Town recently is a window to what could be achieved for the Gas to Power sector in South Africa, this opportunity could be huge
- Improve your ability to interact with all participants and speakers – this year’s Summit will launch a networking APP for the first time to make it even easier to find those crucial contacts to do business with
Visit the Powering Africa: Summit Industry Insights page for the latest news, interviews and press releases regarding USA investment into Africa
The power of joint ventures in Africa