Siphelele Mashwama (19), the daughter of a Swaziland Cabinet Minister emerged as the fairest of them all and caught the King’s eye to become his 15th bride.
King Mswati is well-known for hosting the annual traditional reed ceremony held in September or October where he gets to pick a new wife every year.
Thousands of unmarried and childless girls and women travel from the various chiefdoms to Ludzidzini to participate in the eight-day event, and would-be brides are publicly checked to ascertain their virginity.
- Inkhosikati (Queen) LaMatsebula: “The Great Wife”
- Inkhosikati LaMotsa: “La Madone”
- Inkhosikati LaMbikiza(The Gospel Singer)
- Inkhosikati LaNgangaza(The Advocate)
- Inkhosikati LaHwala(The Wanted)
- Inkhosikati LaMagwaza(The Artist)
- Inkhosikati LaMasango(The high school dropout)
- Inkhosikati LaGija(The runaway spouse)
- Inkhosikati LaMagongo(The favourite)
- Inkhosikati LaMahlangu(The one that couldn’t get away)
- Inkhosikati LaNtentesa(The fixer)
- Inkhosikati LaDube(The double-dealer)
- Inkhosikati LaNkambule(The young and restless)
- Sindiswa Dlamini(The Liphovela)
- Siphelele Mashwama