in

See Why You Should Stop Leaving Your Cellphone Under Your Pillow

 

The New York Police Department (NYPD) recently shared images that highlight the dangers of leaving your phone under your pillow while charging or sleeping.

Shared on a Twitter account run by Deputy Inspector Wilson Aramboles, the four frightful images show a damaged phone next to a scorched pillow and bedding.

“Don’t put your cellphone under a pillow when sleeping or when charging your device. Please share this tip and b safe!” reads the caption accompanying the post.

This fire risk is caused by the overheating that happens when some phones are charging.

Loading...

“The batteries heat up, they could melt—in some cases, explode—and cause a fire,” explained a fire chief last year after a teenager’s phone set his bed alight.

“It is recommended that you leave these types of devices on a hard surface so the heat can dissipate.”

In 2014, a 13-year-old girl fell asleep while while her Samsung Galaxy S4 was charging under her pillow. Later woken up by the smell of something burning, her phone was “fried into an unrecognisable slab of plastic and melted components”.

source: you.co.za

Loading...

Written by PH

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA


Social Media Analytics: What To Measure And Why

Nigeria’s Minister of Finance ’16 + 6= 24′ Blunder: Nigerians Need to Move Past Frivolities on Twitter