- Cabbage is a good source of fiber, which is very important for the health of the digestive system. It helps with constipation, better bowel function and prevents cramps and bloating. Regular consumption of sauerkraut prevents the development of serious diseases such as colon cancer and stomach.
- High iron content increases the energy, blood circulation and metabolism. It also prevents anemia and helps with fatigue and headaches.
Strengthens the immune system:
- Sauerkraut is full of vitamin C, which is one of the biggest boosters of the immune system. The high amount of vitamin C plays an important role in the regeneration of cells, the production of white blood cells and the formation of collagen (a key component of almost every organ).
- Sauerkraut is rich in vitamin K, which preserves bone strength creates a protein that regulates bone mineralization. Vitamin K also prevents osteoporosis.
It reduces inflammation:
- Sauerkraut contain antioxidants, which are known as anti-inflammatory agents. Regular consumption of sauerkraut reduces pain in any inflamed areas of the body.
- According to some studies, powerful antioxidants in sauerkraut destroy free radicals, which are crucial in the creation of cancerous cells.
Improves Heart Health:
- The high fiber content in sauerkraut is also good for heart health. The fibers prevent the negative effects of cholesterol in the arteries and blood vessels, which is very important in the prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Improves vision and healthy skin:
- Vitamin A is good for vision and skin health. Large amounts of vitamin A is in the sauerkraut helps reduce macular degeneration and cataract formation. In addition, it also reduces redness and wrinkles.