Saif al-Islam Gaddafi has reacted after the custody of former French President Nicolas Sarkozy in recent days. According to information gathered by AfricaNews via a telephone conversation Tunisian corresponding Zineb Ben Zita, son of Muammar Gaddafi said he has strong and irrefutable evidence that his father had financed the victorious campaign of Nicolas Sarkozy in 2007 several million euros.
” I say that I still have strong evidence against Sarkozy. And I have not yet been heard as a witness in this case, nor Abdallah Senoussi, the former director of Libyan intelligence who still holds a record of the first meeting of Sarkozy and Gaddafi in Tripoli before his electoral campaign. There is also Bachir Salah, the former CEO of Libya Investment who is ready to testify despite the death threats . ”
Saif al-Islam Kadhafi also “congratulated the French justice for the arrest of Nicolas Sarkozy” during the telephone interview with Tunisian correspondent Zineb Ben Zita.
Last Tuesday Nicolas Sarkozy had been placed in custody as part of an investigation for embezzlement of public funds and active and passive bribery. Since January 2018, the investigation has been extended to alleged facts of “illegal financing of electoral campaign” for a case opened since 2013 by the French justice.
For Gaddafi’s son, this is a case that comes late, 7 years later. Yet he says he has provided evidence in the past on this case and says he still has it available. Saif al-Islam Gaddafi hopes that the case will not be limited to the custody of Nicolas Sarkozy and that the latter will be brought to international justice for “his crimes against Libya,” he said . Charges for which he witnesses in the light of the evidence he has in his possession.
Saif al-Islam says it would be a serious boost to this case he considers to have been neglected by the French and international justice. Still, better late than never.