This is coming a day after Ukranian officials said its troops had recaptured a swath of the eastern battlefield city of Sievierodonetsk in a counter-offensive against Russia.
From 25 February till 31 March, Russia concentrated on launching attacks in Kyiv in order to force the Volodymyr Zelenskyy regime to capitulate and put in a Russian puppet regime.
But Ukranian forces motivated by Zelenskyy who refused to run, inflicted severe losses on the Russian military and after a month Putin’s men reshifted focus to capturing the Donbas region, which is the Luhansk and Donetsk regions of Ukraine.
“Several explosions in Darnytskyi and Dniprovskyi districts of the capital,” Kyiv Mayor Vitali Klitschko wrote on the Telegram messaging app. “Services are already working on site.” he addrd
At least one person was hospitalised but no deaths had been reported as of early Sunday, Klitschko said. Other Ukranian officials said the Russian bombardment appeared to be targeting the railway network.
Russia has concentrated its forces on the factory city, Sievierodonetsk for one of the biggest ground battles of the war.
Serhiy Gaidai, the governor of the Luhansk region that includes Sievierodonetsk, said Ukrainian forces controlled about half the city after recapturing a large chunk from Russian troops.
“It had been a difficult situation, the Russians controlled 70% of the city, but over the past two days they have been pushed back,” Gaidai said on Ukraine’s television. “The city is now, more or less, divided in half.”
Britain’s defence ministry said that Ukrainian counter-attacks in Sievierodonetsk over the past 24 hours were likely to blunt any operational momentum that Russian forces had previously gained.
“The situation is tense, complicated,” Mayor Oleksandr Stryuk told national television on Saturday, adding that there was a shortage of food, fuel and medicine.
“Our military is doing everything it can to drive the enemy out of the city.” he said