Despite its all purposes, baking soda still remains the best remedy for treating hair problems.
In case you were not aware of this, read on. Baking soda actually acts very favorably on the hair and can strengthen it, make it voluminous and leave it dandruff-free.
- Baking Soda Removes Product Residue
Anything remains from a shampoo to other treatment products can be easily be disposed of by simply using baking soda. The hair and scalp hygiene is actually very relevant, so whenever you need this done, trust baking soda to help you with it.
- Baking Soda Removes Chlorine
For all swimmers out there, as well those who work in a chlorine-based environment know that baking soda can easily remove any chlorine leftovers and keep your hair clean and undamaged. Chlorine is a very big enemy to the hair, and it can even alternate its color. So whenever you are too exposed to it- you know that baking soda will get the job done.
- Baking Soda Promotes Hair Growth
If you are struggling with weak and slowly growing hair, all you need is a little baking soda to fix this problem. Baking soda acts as a natural stimulator to the hair roots and it allows them to ‘move around’ more quickly. The end result? A long, strong and perfectly healthy hair!
The following recipe is recommended for everyday use for all those who wish to get rid of any hair and scalp dirt in no time, by only using baking soda:
- In a small spraying bottle, combine some baking soda and water and mix them at a 1 to 3 ratio.
- If you have longer hair, you will probably need more of this mix.
- For medium-long hair, it is best to use 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 6 tablespoons of water.
- Apply this treatment on wet or dry hair and always begin at the roots and move downwards.
- Allow the mix to act for several minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
You can also wash your hair by using a combination of apple cider vinegar and water at a 1 to 4 ratio. For a better aroma, you can add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil.
Apply this combination while you keep your head leaned backwards and avoid eye contact with the mix.
Nothing is cheaper, more effective and healthier than baking soda- so it is worth the shot, right?