He said: “Yes. I’d love to.
“I’m very pleased. I’m delighted.”
Mr Markle did not elaborate any further when pressed by the Daily Mirror.
The 73-year-old has been silent since the news of his daughter’s engagement with Prince Harry – his ex-wife Doria Ragland has also kept quiet.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will marry at St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle – the smitten couple will supposedly cement their love for each other on May 26.
Mr Markle’s son, Tom Jnr, previously stated that since the news of the royal wedding, the 73-year-old has become a “total recluse”.
“I haven’t seen him in years.
“He hates the attention Meghan’s romance has brought on to him.
“He loves her but hates the idea of being in the spotlight.
“Meghan has always been her Daddy’s princess and he will be there when she marries her real-life prince.”
Thomas was declared bankrupt in September 2016, with £24,000 debts.
A neighbour of Thomas claimed: “Tom’s had it tough but never once have we heard him complain. He has just got on with his life.
“Life’s certainly on the up for him and he is over the moon for his daughter.”
Thomas Markle has confirmed his intentions for the upcoming royal wedding
Meghan’s uncle and Thomas’s brother Michael, 78, said: “Thomas feels happy and excited about the engagement.
“He and Meghan have a good relationship.
Mr Markle is ‘very pleased’ for his daughter and would ‘love’ to walk her down the aisle
Harry has spoken to his future father in law.Meghan said: “He’s talked to my Dad a few times but he hasn’t been able to meet him just yet.”