Although an oven is a great investment (something if possible, no home should be without!), you can still make cookies for your loved ones without it. These delicious no-bake cookies are easy to make and can be prepared in no time. Granulated sugar is best for this recipe, this is the sugar with large grains, if you do not have it however, use whatever type of sugar is at hand.
Ingredients (Makes at least 24 cookies )
3 heaped tbsp cocoa 3 Oats
1½ cups of granulated sugar ½ cup of milk
8 level tbsp of butter/margarine ½ cup of peanut butter
1 tsp of vanilla essence
A tiny pinch salt
You will need
Parchment or grease proof paper.
1. Measure out the butter/margarine and chill in the freezer compartment of the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
2. In a heavy-bottom saucepan thoroughly mix together the cocoa and sugar until well combined.
3. Remove the butter from the freezer and roughly chop into large pieces.
4. Add the milk and butter to the cocoa mixture and cook on medium heat, stirring.
5. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats, mixing well.
6. Line a rectangular or square baking tin with greaseproof paper, or spread it on a large tray.
7. Drop heaped spoonfuls using a large tablespoon on to the greaseproof paper.
8. Leave to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes, or until the cookies have become firm and enjoy!