in ,

Police Begin Investigation Over Death Of Former NFL Player Glenn Foster, Jr. While In Police Custody


Alabama state authorities are investigating the death of former New Orleans Saints player Glenn Foster, Jr., two days after he was taken into police custody.


The 31-year-old died Monday at a medical facility north of Tuscaloosa in western Alabama, according to a statement from the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency. He was arrested on Saturday after officers spotted him driving up to 90 mph in a 45-mph zone, Chief Richard Black of the Reform Police Department told


A high-speed chase between Foster and police ensued, with a spike strip being used to slow Foster’s car before officers arrested him, Black told


Foster was headed to Atlanta for a business trip, his father, Glenn Foster Sr. told The Washington Post.


Jail records from Pickens County show that Foster was booked Saturday on three counts of reckless endangerment, resisting arrest, and an attempt to elude.


Foster’s family was informed of his arrest on Saturday and they told Black about his mental health struggles, Foster Sr. told the Post. Foster experienced a manic episode in college and had another one recently, Foster Sr. said



The police chief told he contacted Foster’s family because of his concern about the former player’s erratic behavior and made an arrangement for them to bail him out of prison and have him sent to a local hospital for evaluation.


The police chief and Foster’s family went to the jail on Sunday, but when they arrived they were told Foster had been involved in an “altercation” with another inmate and was placed under the jurisdiction of the sheriff’s office, the Post reported.


He was released at 3:14 p.m. on Sunday and re-booked two minutes later, jail records show, on three counts of simple assault and one count of third-degree robbery.


The family was told they couldn’t visit Foster due to Covid-19 restrictions


Arrangements were made for Foster to be taken to another facility on Monday, Foster Sr. said, and the sheriff’s office, which was in charge of transporting Foster, told the family he got into the cruiser without incident.


But when he arrived at the medical facility, Foster was unresponsive and couldn’t be revived.


“He arrived to his death,”

“I don’t know what happened with him physically while he was in the jail because they wouldn’t let us see him.” Foster Sn said


His mother, Sabrina Foster, told, “I can’t get my son back, but we want whoever is responsible to pay for this.”


Authorities say no cause of death has been determined.


The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency, ALEA is the lead investigator in Foster’s death, coroner Chad Harless said.


According to a news release from ALEA Tuesday, Foster died Monday, December 6, at a medical facility in Northport. His body has been released to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences for further investigation.


Foster played two seasons for the Saints at defensive end, appearing in 17 games in 2013 and 2014.


Written by PH

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Omicron Could Be Milder Than Delta, Says WHO Chief

Tiger Woods To Make Return To Golf Alongside Son Charlie At PNC Championship