Toothpastes are essential for good oral hygiene.They help fight dental plaque, offer lasting protection against cavities and prevent bad breath. There are various brands of toothpaste on the market that meet all needs. But have you ever noticed a colored strip on your tube of toothpaste?
What is its meaning?
On toothpacks and toothpaste tubes, manufacturers often indicate only the components of the product, its make, date of manufacture and expiration
You may have noticed colored bands on toothpaste tubes that manufacturers have forgotten to explain.
What do these color strips mean on toothpaste tubes?
For some time, “false information” circulated and said that these colored bands serve to indicate the components of toothpastes and their degree of harmfulness on our health. According to this rumor, the colored squares or rectangles at the bottom of the toothpaste tube are of different colors and each color indicates the composition of the toothpaste.
- Green = This product contains natural components
- Blue = This product contains natural and medicinal ingredients
- Red = This product contains natural and chemical components
- Black = This product contains purely chemical components
This information is completely false and there is no link between these colored bands and the composition of the dentifrices. According to the Association Santé Environnement France (ASEF), these bands serve as a reference point helping the machine and the robot cutter to manufacture these tubes and packaging. The colors help to differentiate and make tubes in a standard shape and size. They can also serve as a reference for traceability and for easy detection of a defective batch.
These colors are generally darker than the colors of the rest of the package, so that the machine can read them and detect them more easily. These colored strips can be found in other food and commercial packaging such as cereal packs, biscuits and milk cartons. In fact, toothpaste tubes are manufactured with long strips that are cut afterwards according to the chosen size and colors are different and vary according to the manufacturer and the product.
Here are some tips and tricks for perfect oral hygiene:
Good oral hygiene is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. It provides a good smile and a good breath and helps prevent all kinds of diseases that can affect the teeth and gums.
Here are 3 prevention tips:
- Regular checks: A visit to the dentist is necessary at least once every six months. It will allow you to diagnose the beginnings of caries and periodontal risks and to prevent the appearance of diseases.
- Food Hygiene: Good oral hygiene starts with good food hygiene. Some foods are likely to trigger the carious process or demineralization of enamel, such as foods high in carbohydrates or acidic foods. It is recommended to distribute your meals during the day, to consume foods rich in calcium and protein.
Brushing: It must be done with the right method and material. First of all it is necessary to brush the teeth after each meal, minimum 2 times a day. Use a toothbrush and toothpaste to fit your teeth. Do not forget to change your brush every three months at a minimum and use dental floss, it will remove the remains of food stuck between the teeth.