Both President Muhammadu Buhari and his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC have denied one of their major campaign documents ‘ titled ‘my covenant’ which details what Nigerians should expect from Buhari’s first 100 days in office.
Some of the campaign promises contained in the document include the promise to ;
- Publicly declare assets and liabilities and encourage political appointees to also publicly declare their assets and liabilities.
- Continually acknowledge Nigeria’s diversity and consciously promote equality and equity in all government businesses and activities.
- Ensure that no Nigerian will have any reason to go outside the country for medical treatment.
- Embark on a program of mass mobilisation to ensure that all children of school age, no matter where they may reside in our country, and no matter the social conditions of their parents, are in school.
- Implement the National Gender Policy including 35% of appointive positions for women.