Here are some interesting facts about the Libyan Dictator, Muammar Gaddafi, the deceased leader of Libya who was quite a powerful and controversial figure in the history of world politics. He is well remembered by Libyans after almost seven years.
1. His net worth was estimated around $200 billion at the time of his death which made him the richest person, even more than Bill Gates and Warren Buffet
2. Muammar Gaddafi’s last words were “What did I do to you?” as he begged for mercy
3. Gaddafi used to burn his soldiers in their barracks for refusing to shoot protesters.
4. The movie “The Dictator” was based on Gaddafi where General Aladeen played by Sacha Baron Cohen portrayed the North African Dictator and his outlandish lifestyle
5. He used to hand pick his bodyguards which comprised only of women and were claimed to be virgins. He had 40 bodyguards
6. Nelson Mandela was a long time friend of the Libyan Dictator
7. There are over 112 acceptable spellings for his name
8. Gaddafi was responsible for Libya’s growth by making it have one of the highest per capita income and life expectancies of all African nations
9. Gaddafi’s wife owned 20 tons of gold which can be estimated to be worth around $1 billion
10. He declared Osama Bin Laden a wanted man well before 9/11 attacks
These are some interesting facts about the North African leader Muammar Gaddafi. If you liked this post then share it and follow us on Facebook, Twitter