The Duchess of Sussex is likely to be spoiled by her new husband, Prince Harry, on August 4 as the pair are expected to celebrate privately at their Kensington residence.
It comes after Harry, 33, whisked Meghan off for a romantic getaway to celebrate her birthday last year, a year after they started dating.
A smitten Harry is said to have organised a surprise BBQ under the stars for his new girlfriend.
And this year, the duke is likely to pull out all the stops to make his wife’s first birthday as a royal one to remember.
Before Meghan Markle became a member of the firm, the duchess wrote candid messages on her now closed down lifestyle blog The Tig every year to mark her birthday.
As she turned 33, the duchess opened up about how happy she felt to be in her 30s.
She said: ”My 20s were brutal – a constant battle with myself, judging my weight, my style, my desire to be as cool/as hip/as smart/as ‘whatever’ as everyone else.”
And in a birthday post, believed to be written before she made it official with her prince, she said: “When I close my eyes and think of what I wish for, I come up with a blank. A big old happy blank.
“I am feeling so incredibly joyful right now, so grateful and content that all I could wish for is more of the same.”
Writing about what she desired for the next year ahead, the duchess added: “More surprises, more adventure, more opportunities to grow, more days filled with giggles and cheeky jokes, more delicious meals, and more inspiration.
“Always more inspiration.”
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams told Express.co.uk he believed Meghan’s birthday celebrations this year would be low key due to her royal duties.
He said: “I wouldn’t expect anything at all spectacular, we may well never be told how she celebrates.
“Meghan has a serious image as a humanitarian activist and this is what she and Harry are concentrating on.”