With the recent dismissal of Carlo Ancelotti of Bayern Munich, the podium of the highest-paid football coaches in the world has changed. At the very least, André Villas-Boas has no longer to share his place with the Italian, since Ancelotti and the Portuguese were almost at the same estimated salary, at 12 million euros the season; Villas-Boas winning them in China, on the bench of the Shanghai SIPG. Nevertheless, no technician of Ligue 1 enters the Top 10 of the season 2017-2018.
No Ligue 1 coaches, but two French in the Top 10 of the season
Unai Emery, 5 million Euros in the Paris Saint-Germain season, is the closest one, but it is Ronaldo Koeman who slips to the bottom of the list with nearly 6.5 million Euros, signed at the Everton club in Liverpool. Y are Zinedine Zidane and Arsène Wenger, because both have extended and revalorized their contract in the year: the first with Real Madrid, to 8 million euros the season; the other initialed its eighth lease extension in May, paid 9.5 million euros for the year.
Ancelotti is no longer in office, but Guardiola and Mourinho remain at the top
Ancelotti thanked, still remain the other two most titled technicians of the moment, at the top of football income, in 2017-2018. Eternal rivals, José Mourinho in Manchester United and Josep Guardiola, at the neighboring City City respectively exert 16 and 18 million euros in the season. They have the two highest salaries ever paid by clubs, to technicians.
The 10 best paid football coaches in 2017-2018
- 10. Ronald Koeman (Everton) = 6,500,000 €
- 9. Massimiliano Allegri (Juventus Torino) = 7.000.000 €
- 8. Antonio Conte (Chelsea) = 7.500.000 €
- 7. Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid) = 8.000.000 €
- 6. Jurgen Klöpp (Liverpool) = 8.500.000 €
- 5. Arsène Wenger (Arsenal) = 9,500,000 €
- 4. Diego Simeone (Atlético Madrid) = 10.000.000 €
- 3. André Villas-Boas (Shanghai SIPG) = 12.000.000 €
- 2. José Mourinho (Manchester United) = 16,000,000 €
- 1. Josep Guardiola (Manchester City) = 18.000.000 €