Seedstars World has selected 10 promising startups for the finals of Seedstars Nairobi, the Kenyan leg of its startup competition. The startups are described below.
- Lakt co: The startup that is fusing financial literacy with financial services, using an app that is that is fully blockchain.
- OptiSmart Solutions: This company is solving insurance fraud by providing an integrated web and mobile platform that facilitates real-time authorization of claims.
- Kuza: A platform for new farmers to access on-demand farming courses, farming support and professional farm services to get started in farming.
- Ujuzi Software Solutions Ltd: This company provides AML solutions for all segments of the market including banks, investment banks, forex bureaus and remittance providers as a solution to fight money laundering in Africa.
- Flexpay Technologies: A unique and innovative way to receive and manage flexible and affordable piecemeal payments for goods and services.
- Mobilized Construction: Mobilized construction de-mechanizes road maintenance by mobilizing local labor to manually build climate resilient dirt roads.
- Farmers Pride: Farmers pride is addressing smallholder farmer challenges through micro franchise model of agro dealer.
- Olivine Technology: Hybrid-cloud apps and synch technology networks SME manufacturers, distributors & retailers of FMCG, & automates their marketing activities.
- Student Finance Africa (SFA): SFA provides affordable tuition loans for higher education to qualified students and parents across sub-Saharan Africa.
- iNuka Pap limited: We are a mobile platform that allows subscribers to access free medical insurance just by saving and borrowing loans
“Kenya has shown impressive development in the startup and tech entrepreneurship ecosystem not just with in the country but also for Africa. We are extremely looking forward to see what the young innovators have got in stock of us and cannot wait to meet them all in person,” said Selam Kebede, Associate for Africa at Seedstars World.
The 10 startups will pitch at PAWA 254 on October 7, 2016 to a panel of judges. The top startup will be crowned the most promising seed-stage startup of Seedstars World Kenya 2016.
Also, the winning startup will fly the country’s flag at the global finals of the event. There, it will compete with other regional winners for a chance to secure up to US$1.5 million in equity investment prizes.
Seedstars Nairobi is organized in partnership with CfC Stanbic Bank and supported by Omidyar Network, iAfrikan, and Lionesses of Africa.