in , ,

“Ivory Coast Produces About 3 Million Tons of Waste Per Year”: Minister Anne Ouloto

Anne Ouloto, the Minister of Sanitation and Sanitation, invited the press Thursday, September 20, 2018, for an exchange.

At the start of this first major meeting organized by the Ministry of Sanitation and Sanitation (MINASS), Anne Ouloto, in charge of the Ministry presented a project.

This is the modernization of the Waste Management System in Côte d’Ivoire. In fact, Abidjan, once a pearl of lagoons, has become a garbage dump on every street corner. The government in place has repeatedly taken action to address this thorny problem.

In line with President Alassane Ouattara’s vision of making Côte d’Ivoire an emerging country by 2020, the Minister of Sanitation and Sanitation, in partnership with several institutions, has decided to set up a new Center. Valorization and Landfill (CVET) will soon be operational.

Loading...

For the Minister: “Everyone is responsible for the insalubrity in our country. Côte d’Ivoire currently produces more than 2,996,536.88 tons of solid household waste and similar products per year. In the Autonomous District of Abidjan, just over 4,900 tons of waste are produced each day, or about 1,800,000 tons a year. And only about 70% of this waste is collected per day, leaving 30% in the streets, ravines, sanitation, waterways, areas inaccessible to vehicles “, deplores the minister before revealing the revolutionary initiative in Ivory Coast. “

“We are going to build the CVET (upgrading and landfill center in Kossihouen), a building built to international standards to receive and treat at least 1,250,000 tons of waste each year.” to allow the treatment of at least 90% of the total waste production of the Autonomous District of Abidjan over the seven (07) years of delegation “.

In November, the CVET will be operational. It will thus enable the process of closing and actual rehabilitation of the Akouédo landfill.

Loading...

Written by How Africa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA


Inspiring: Visually Impaired Egyptian Couple Making a Living From Weaving Bamboo

Singer Rihanna Named Ambassador of Barbados