Beautiful Nigerian lady Michelle Ekure, was born into the family of Mr. Ekure in Eku Delta State.
In order to defy joblessness, Michelle, a graduate of the department of International Studies and Diplomacy from the University of Benin, ventured into shoe-making, designing patterns and building shoes herself.
Here are excerpts from the interview with Michelle :
- Lukomon : So Why shoemaking?
Michelle : My inspiration is from God, I never knew I would be a shoemaker. I graduated from the University six years ago, after which I looked for for job, but to know avail. At sometimes I got employed by a company in Lagos, but the boss was owing too much so I left.
On how it started, there is this other company I buy sandals in Lagos and resell. They sell nice shoes, so one day I thought to myself that I can tell this people to make sandals for me with my label, so I approached them and they said yes. That was how I got my first set of shoes. Then a friend introduced me to a guy that makes shoes. I watch him make shoes one day and I was amazed then I asked him to teach me and he did.
- Lukmon : That’s a lovely beginning.
Michelle : hmm. Thanks
- Lukmon : So how do you drive sales and who are your target customers?
Michele : My target audience are Men of honours, people like the famous Nigerians comedian Alibaba…lol . I make direct sales, but I drive more sales on social media platforms likeinstagram, facebook and twitter. Micheleleather sales per week is over 50 pairs.
- Lukmon : Wow! That’s a great number. You must be a workaholic. Do you have partners?
Michelle : No, maybe someday. But I have people that are learning under me.
- Lukmon: How many are your apprentice?
Michelle : There are about 6 of them and more are still coming.
- Lukmon : Talking about the Nigerian famous comedian Alibaba. We’ve seen pictures of you with him. Are you in anyway related?
Michelle : No we’re not related, but he is like a father to me. He always want to see me succeed.
- Lukmon: So, if not shoemaking, what would you have ventured into?
Michelle : Maybe work at foreign affairs of British council or UN embassy. I love to be a diplomat .
- Lukmon : Hmm. That might come to pass one day.
Michelle : Yeah. (smile)
- Lukmon : So, what’s your advice to young ladies that are yet to find there ways out there?
Michelle : I always tell people I come in contact with that are looking for job to start something, anything you are good at can bring money to you or just learn a trade.
- Lukmon : Is there anything else (e.g unpopular fun fact about you) you’d like to add that might be interesting to our readers ?
Michelle : Hmm… Let them find out.
I’m a very interesting person be with though, I have my moment.
- Lukmon : Thanks for your time, we appreciate chatting with you.
Michelle : You’re welcome lukmon.