Innovate Accelerator is a 10-week programme aimed at supercharging and funding the next wave of Somali start-ups. Mentorship and training will be provided by domain experts and entrepreneurs and the top 3 start-ups from the Innovate Accelerator will receive up to $10,000 in investment from Innovate Ventures Fund.
What do you get from the program?
- 10-week intensive training and mentoring on business and operational skills
- Access to leading telecoms and banks in the Somaliland and Somalia
- Pitching in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
- Equity funding for at least 3 startups of up to $10,000
What’s the process?
- Complete the application form before August 12th to qualify for accelerator programme. You will hear back within two weeks from the Innovate Ventures team whether your start-up has been selected to participate for the accelerator programme in Hargeisa
- Participate in our pre-accelerator bootcamp to receive mentoring, and be one of 10 start-ups to advance to the Innovate Accelerator programme
- The top 10 start-ups will participate in a 10-week accelerator programme in Hargeisa, and will receive mentoring and training. Introductions to leading companies and investors will be provided as part of the programme.
- Finally: The 10 start-ups will pitch in our Demo Day in Hargeisa to a room full of local and international investors and media
- The top 3 start-ups will receive up to $10,000 in equity investment from the Innovate Ventures Fund
- The start-ups will receive the opportunity to connect with leading telecoms and banks in Somaliland and Somalia
Are you eligible?
Are you a:
- Startup founders under 35 years old
- Technology-oriented business
- Located in the either Somalia or Somaliland
Submit your application today! Applications close 12 August, 2016.
About Innovate Ventures:
Innovate Ventures is the leading start-up accelerator and technology fund in Somaliland and Somalia. Innovate Ventures was created to propel and accelerate technology start-ups in Somalia and Somaliland, support the next wave of Somali entrepreneurs, and grow the nascent start-up ecosystem in the country.
Innovate Ventures have run coding camps, incubators and accelerators in the Somali region since 2012.
About Work In Progress! Alliance:
The Work in Progress! Alliance is focused on unlocking the economic potential of young women and men in Egypt, Nigeria and Somalia. The project aims to enable them to generate sustainable and living incomes – by finding regular employment or starting enterprises. Alliance partners include Oxfam, VC4Africa and Butterfly Works.
VC4Africa is a platform for startup funding and dedicated to building game changing companies on the African continent and supporting the growth of Africa’s startup ecosystem.