Here’s why you should massage your feet every night before sleep
The feet are the part of the body which supports the entire weight load. They often suffer abuse daily and require special care. Foot massage gives legs a relaxing time after a prolonged standing, overweight or after the port permanently shoes preventing breathing.
Massage therapy is one of the most important working tools in the medical rules manual. Pressuring the body can relieve body tensions in several ways.
One of the best ways to do this is part of what is called reflexology. Essentially, the idea is to massage parts of the body, often the hands and feet, and get a positive result in different parts of the body.
Massaging the feet in different locations is associated with an improvement in the health of various organs. Moreover, this can cause a great relaxation, reduce stress, and increase sexual desire.
Foot massage also helps to improve blood circulation, relieves many diseases, helps maintain a good balance, proved beneficial for restless leg syndrome (RLS), improves sleep quality, reduces the edema during pregnancy, and is great for your skin.
Massage your feet
Massage the big toe is good for your lungs and brain. The second, third and fourth toes help relieve toothache. The little toe is an excellent starting area to relieve earache. The image above is an excellent guide that will give you optimal results.
Foot massage: for what benefit?
The foot massage can:
- Stimulate the nerves through the nerve endings present in the feet.
- Acting on the various organs of the body as the foot is a mini body mapping.
- Stimulate blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- On balance vital functions.
- To relieve stress and relax the muscles.
- Eliminate impurities.
- Enjoy a more balanced and more restful sleep.
Foot massage: the steps
The foot massage can be performed by an expert masseur reflexology, massage therapist or simply by a partner. Some actions should however be acquired for a successful massage feet. It is therefore essential to:
- Put massaged comfortable so he can enjoy the care provided in serenity.
- Use a massage oil for a perfect sliding of the hands.
- Conduct a massage from top to bottom, toes being in height.
- Starting with the toes.
- Down gently lower to stimulate the organs in the chest.
- Work plantar part with the back or the palm of the hand.
- Touch ankles in a circular motion.
- Finish on top of the feet with movements back and forth, stronger and lighter ascending descending.
- Continue and finish to the legs.
Foot massage: the precautions
The foot massage should be applied to a healthy subject. It is advisable to provide the maximum possible information to his masseur before receiving the massage. The existence of specific diseases, heart or diabetes should be reported.
In pregnancy, it is better to refrain from this kind of massage without the advice of a doctor.
Sensitive points of the foot massage
Some strategic points should be particularly stressed during a foot massage:
- Toes: nerve endings.
- The point of the heart: being on the left foot.
- Liver point and stomach located in the right foot.
- Plantar: the part that contains the points of the intestine and peritoneum organs.
- Ankles: representing the reproductive organs.
Foot massage: the cons-indications
A subject suffering from diabetes should be special precaution object during a foot massage, because the applied movements can cause changes in insulin production by the pancreas.
It is forbidden for pregnant women to follow a reflexology treatment during the first three months of pregnancy.
Patients with heart problems should also be very great precautions to prevent the heart is stimulated to excess.