in ,

Health-wise: Knowing Hepatitis B, A More Dangerous Disease Than HIV / AIDS

Ignorance kills sometimes. This is the case of this virus unknown by many people and which attacks the liver cells causing inflammation of the latter. This so-called viral hepatitis is causing a lot of victims. A little tour in the hospital structures of the place will make you realize that many perish for lack of information.

After this, the writing of Africa Top Success decided to raise a corner of veil on this virus.

Indeed, the hepatitis B virus is transmitted from person to person, by blood or especially during sexual intercourse. It can be acute, life-threatening, or chronic, at risk for cirrhosis and liver cancer. He can live for about 5 to 7 days in the open air.

Some signs that show the presence of this virus in an individual. Once the virus in the body, the symptoms are very similar to those of flu, that is to say, fatigue, fever, headache, loss of appetite, jaundice, dark urine, pale stools , diarrhea …

According to the Hepatitis Source website, “a certain percentage of people infected with the hepatitis B virus do not feel any symptoms. On the other hand, they are just as likely to infect other people as those who feel symptoms.

Once present in an organism, it evolves step by step. The incubation period of the virus in the body is 60 to 90 days during which it is possible to feel some symptoms. After the incubation period, the acute phase occurs. During this phase, more than half of those infected do not experience any symptoms.

About 95% of people infected with HBV will get rid of the virus during the acute phase. On the other hand, 5% risk dying in the acute phase. The others, about 5%, will progress to the chronic phase after 6 months. At this stage, the liver gradually degrades and this can lead to cirrhosis of the liver and liver cancer.

Loading...

As we have said above, the main modes of transmission of hepatitis B are through blood, sperm, vaginal secretions and breast milk.

Some examples: blood-to-blood contact, sharing of syringes and / or other equipment used for intravenous injection, straw or any other object used to sniff drugs, unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse, oral sex without condom, cunnilingus without dental dam, tattoo or body piercing performed with non-sterile instruments …

A test makes it possible to detect this virus. It is possible to know if you are infected with HBV with a blood test. All you need to do is apply at a local Community Care Center (CLSC) or at a Health and Social Services Center (CSSS). 
Unlike some diseases, hepatitis has a treatment. Currently, there are certain drugs to treat chronic HBV, such as Lamivudine and Interferon. These treatments do not cure, but they provide control of the virus to prevent further damage to your liver.

On the other hand, if your body has eliminated the hepatitis B virus by its own immune system, you have antibodies for life for it. To prevent each other, the doctors make certain recommendations.

“We recommend that you protect your wounds with the proper medical equipment even if it is a small wound and especially if there is a bloody appearance”.

Use a condom during sex. If you want a tattoo or piercing, make sure that the instruments that will be used are new and / or sterile, “he advised.

As a preventive measure, it is strongly recommended to get vaccinated against hepatitis B. This vaccine is available in public health centers and in several pharmacies. Usually, it is administered in combination with the hepatitis A vaccine and is called Twinrix.

Loading...

Written by How Africa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA


Iran: If US Attacks, Its Leaders Will Face Same Fate As Saddam Hussein

Africa Day – The Africa Every African Desire