African Graduate Fellowship: The African Graduate Fellowship is a competitive fellowship program for bright, highly motivated African students interested in pursuing a master’s degree at American University in Cairo (AUC).
Each year, fellowships are offered to nationals of Africancountries (not including Egyptians) for full-time study in any of the graduate programs offered at AUC.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
- African nationals.
- B.A. or B.Sc. degree with grade not less than “Very Good”, an overall GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- TOEFL with TWE score of at least 550 and 4.5, (580 and 5.0 for ECLT & TEFL) or equivalent.
- Applicants for the MBA have to submit a recent score on the GMAT and have at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Applicants for the Economics program and the Economics in International Development program are required to obtain an acceptable score on the GRE.
- Applicants for the MA in Arabic Studies must submit evidence of proficiency in literary Arabic.
- Fellowships are awarded for two academic years and the intervening summer session.
The fellowship covers:
- A waiver of tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend of LE 735.
- If needed, a monthly housing allowance of LE 935.
No fellowship application form is required to apply to the African Graduate Fellowship.
For further details, and application materials, contact:African Graduate Fellowship