Nigeria has been rated as Africa’s leading nation to boast of most millionaires a result of its crude oil exploration. Here’s a list of newly rated richest people in Nigeria and their net worth as we start from the least:
13. Tunde Folawiyo – Net Worth $400 Million: Tunde Folawiyo is a Nigerian businessman. He is the managing director of Yinka Folawiyo Group, a conglomerate founded by his father, Wahab Folawiyo. He took over the company in 2008 when his father died.
12. Oba Otudeko – Net Worth $550 Million: Dr. Oba Otudeko, CFR is an astute and highly successful Nigerian investor and entrepreneur whose domestic and foreign interests cut across diverse sectors of the economy. Oba is the founder and chairman of Honeywell Group. The group’s operations stretch across flour milling, oil and gas, marine transportation and real estate. He also owns Radisson Blu in Lagos, Nigeria.
11. Hakeem Belo-Osagie – Net Worth $550 Million: Hakeem Belo-Osagie is a 58-year old Nigerian businessman listed by Forbes as the 40th richest man in Africa. Harvard Business School-trained petroleum economist Hakeem Belo-Osagie chairs the Nigerian arm of UAE telecom provider Etisalat.
10. Mohammed Indimi – Net Worth $550 Million: A distinguished and highly successful businessman, Dr. Indimi is the sole Founder and Chairman of Oriental Energy Resources, Limited. He has over 20 years’ experience in the Nigerian Upstream Oil and Gas sector. Dr. Indimi is an astute business man with a notable presence in the international business arena.
9. Jim Ovia – Net Worth $900 Million: This self-made millionaire is married and has two children. He resides in Lagos. This successful banker founded Zenith Bank Group. With market capitalization of more than $4 billion, it is one of Nigeria’s largest financial services groups.
8. Orji Uzor Kalu – Net Worth $1 Billion: Orji Uzor Kalu is the chairman of SLOK Holding and the Daily Sun and New Telegraph newspapers in Nigeria, who served as the governor of Abia State, Nigeria from May 29, 1999, to May 29, 2007.
7. Tony Elumelu – Net Worth $1 Billion: Tony O. Elumelu is an economist by training, a visionary entrepreneur and a philanthropist. Tony is the Chairman of Heirs Holdings, the United Bank for Africa, Transcorp and founder of The Tony Elumelu Foundation.
6. Theophilus Danjuma – Net Worth $1.1 Billion: General Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma GCON FSS psc is a Nigerian Jukun soldier, politician and multi-millionaire businessman and philanthropist. He was Nigerian Army Chief of Army Staff from July 1975 to October 1979.
5. Abdulsamad Rabiu – Net Worth: $1.2 Billion: AbdulSamad Isyaku Rabiu CON is a Nigerian businessman. His father, Khalifah Isyaku Rabiu was one of Nigeria’s foremost industrialists in the 1970s and 1980s.
4. Femi Otedola Net Worth – $1.2 Billion: Femi Otedola is a Nigerian businessman. He is Chairman of Forte Oil Plc, and appeared as one of only two Nigerians to appear on the 2009 Forbes list of 793 dollar-denominated billionaires in the world.
3. Folorunsho Alakija – Net Worth $2.5 Billion: Folorunsho Alakija is a Nigerian businesswoman who has replaced Isabel dos Santos as the richest African woman, and also is the richest woman of African descent in the world.
2. Mike Adenuga – Net Worth: $4.6 Billion: Michael Adeniyi Agbolade Ishola “Mike” Adenuga Jr is a Nigerian business tycoon, and one of the richest black people in the world. The self made Nigerian billionaire is the founder of Globacom, Nigeria’s second largest mobile phone network.
1. Aliko Dangote Net Worth – $ 21.6 Billion: Aliko Dangote GCON is a Nigerian billionaire businessman, who owns the Dangote Group, which has interests in commodities. The company operates in Nigeria and other African countries, including Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, South Africa, Togo and Zambia.