6. Mohammed Abduba Dida Former teacher at Lena High School came into the limelight after contesting for the presidential seat in 2013. Despite losing, he has once again been cleared by the electoral body to vie for the seat under Alliance for Real Change party alongside his running mate Titus Ng’etuny. According to Nation, his manifesto focuses on education for all, proper health care, job opportunities and welfare of disadvantaged people in the society.
5. Ekuru Aukot The Third way Alliance Party candidate is seeking to sit at the top seat with promises to address economic and social justice. The former secretary of the Committee of experts that drafted the 2010 Constitutions is set to launch his manifesto within the week. He has vowed to address theft of public resources, tribalism and negative ethnicity, plight of women and youth and ensure full implementation of the Constitution.
4.Cyrus Jirongo The United Democratic Party launched his presidential bid in January, 2017 and recently promised NAA and Jubilee fireworks in Western Kenya. He had earlier on indicated he wont run if NASA chose ANC leader Musalia Mudavadi as the flag bearer. in 2013 he declared his interest in vying for the presidential seat but later backed down to support Raila Odinga
3. Michael Wainaina A professor and former literature lecture at Kenyatta University is facing the other 7 contestants as an independent candidate. He launched his manifesto in April promising to stop he waste of public resources in the country. He also stated state officers will not be given cars, travel allowances or security perks since they have salaries.
2. Joseph Nyagah Former State House adviser was also cleared to run for the seat by IEBC but is yet to release his manifesto to the public. His decision to run against his former boss, President Uhuru Kenyatta, and coming from his backyard caught many by surprise.
1. Japheth Kaluyu Also an independent candidate revealed him and his running mate Muthiora Kariara have held several meetings since the campaigns kicked in May. His running mate said the duo have a vision which they are selling to the people in the country