Your daily routines help building up resistance to a certain disease or tearing it down. In this article we will discuss more about the benefits provided by healthy morning rituals, such as drinking fresh pineapple water before your breakfast.
Pineapple contains a lot of less known micro-nutrients It is packed with bromelain and vitamin C, and these both aid in every healing process in the body.
1. Fights Inflammation : Bromelain has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It helps the body eliminate toxins by fighting off inflammations that affect tissues and organs. Regular consumption of pineapple aids in the treatment of arthritis and sports injuries by reducing inflammation and relieving pain.
2. Healthy Weight Loss : Thanks to its high fiber content, pineapples take more time to digest, and thus makes you feel full for longer. Pineapple water prevents sugar and fat cravings. Thiamine converts carbohydrates into energy and boosts metabolism.
3. Flushes Parasites From Liver and Intestines : Bromelain has anti-parasitic properties. Some studies have shown that a three-day pineapple fast kills off tape worms.
4. Proper Thyroid Function : Pineapples are rich in iodine and bromelain. These help in the treatment of many autoimmune disorders, and relieve thyroiditis-associated symptoms.
5. Balanced Electrolytes : Potassium found in pineapples make your body stronger and maintain proper electrolyte
6. Flushes Out Heavy Metals and Toxins : Pineapple is packed with fiber, enzymes and antioxidants that clean the body from heavy metals and toxins.
7. Digestive Aid : Bromelain stimulates the body to digest proteins more efficiently.
8. Strengthens Gums, Whitens and Preserves Teeth : According to Dr Frawley, bromelain is a natural stain remover. It breaks up plaque efficiently.
9. Improves Vision : Beta-carotene and vitamin A are essential for eyesight. A study published in the Archives of Ophtalmology has shown that 3 or more servings of pineapple a day reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration (ARMD), which is cause number one of vision loss in elderly.
10. Anticancer Protection : The journal Planta Medica published a research according to which bromelain is superior to chemo drug 5-fluorauracil in the treatment of cancer. Researchers explained:
“This antitumoral effect [of bromelain] was superior to that of 5-FU [5-fluorouracil], whose survival index was approximately 263 %, relative to the untreated control.”
How to prepare
– 1 ripe fresh pineapple
– 8 to 10 cups of water
– 3 to 6 tablespoons of sugar (or to taste)
Place the chopped pineapple cubes, sugar, and 1 cup of water in the blender and liquefy. Depending on the size of your pineapple, you might need to process in the blender, in more than one batch.
You should use only enough water in the blender to liquefy the fruit. Strain the pineapple liquid through a fine sieve or strainer into your pitcher. Discard the solids.
Add the remaining water to your pitcher and mix well. Taste and adjust the sugar accordingly. Add more water if needed. Chill in the refrigerator for several hours. Serve chilled over ice.