But in some cases it can be linked with more serious health problems even with cancer. The question now is what is the difference between not so dangerous and dangerous bloating? Below you can read about 10 diagnoses which are linked with bloating.
Do You Have Bloated Stomach Warning Signs You Should Never Ignore!
1. Weight loss: If you lose 10 percent of your overall body weight without any additional physical activity or change in your daily diet routine, than you need to be worried. This may be a sign of intestinal cancer and it makes you feel satiated because it presses the stomach. It can also mean that you have tumor which reduces your appetite.
2. Ascites: This is a health condition which makes you look as you’ve gained weight and your waist- line is expanded. This condition occurs due to excessive amount of liquid in your stomach. You may look so bloated as if you are pregnant. This is almost always a sign of liver disease. The most common symptoms which indicate that the cancer has spread to the liver are jaundice, yellow eyes and skin with bloating as well. But these symptoms can be also linked with hepatitis.
Bowel tumor and obstruction made from scar tissue can be linked with nausea and vomiting and with bloating and severe and sudden stomach pain as well. You must visit a doctor immediately as these symptoms may be a sign of lethal bowel perforation. The pain which occurs from time to time happens because the bowels contain food and fluids and as they try to go out through the obstruction, the pain becomes more severe.
3. Vaginal bleeding or blood in your stool: Bloating can also occurs in women who are bleeding between their periods or after menopause. This condition is rarely a sign of some deadly disease but rather happens due to hemorrhoids, endometrial atrophy, fibroids or irregular menstrual cycle.
4. Fever: Bloating together with fever can be linked with infection or inflammation. It is advisable to check your blood, so you could find out if the number of white blood cells is increased and to exclude urinary, pelvic and gastrointestinal infection.
5. The most serious causes of bloating: If you feel bloated and if you suffer from pelvic pain than you may have ovarian cancer, which is the 5th most common cancer in women. The mostly affected are women over 50 and can be caused by long term hormone therapy, or by not having children or having them later in life as well as obesity and family history.
6. Uterine cancer: The symptoms are pain during sex or urination, vaginal discharge which is watery and with blood and abnormal vaginal bleeding. This type of cancer is linked with a family history of colon cancer called Lynch Syndrome or a family history of uterine cancer, taking estrogen supplements, radiation therapy or tamoxifen.
7. Colon cancer: It can occur at the end or at the beginning of the colon. When is at the beginning it causes bleeding and bloating which gets worsen with time. If it develops in the middle or at the end of the colon, than bloating is initial symptom. Start a plant based diet and change your lifestyle if you want to prevent this type of cancer.
8. Pancreatic cancer: This cancer is one of the most aggressive and the most lethal one. Symptoms are: weight loss, poor appetite, jaundice and upper abdominal pain. Other symptoms are back and abdominal pain.
9. Stomach cancer: This cancer doesn’t have any symptoms at the beginning but later bloating can appear together with feeling of fullness in the upper abdomen and heartburn. It is often diagnosed when is too late and symptoms as weight loss and nausea can appear. Other risk factor is Helicobacter Pylori which is often a main reason for getting stomach cancer.
10. Liver disease: Most of the time is benign and not dangerous but sometimes it can spread to the other organs. As the blood id filtered through the liver the cancer cells in the bloodstream also pass through the liver. Ascites jaundice and bloating are the symptoms. Overuse of alcohol and hepatitis are most of the time the main cause of this type of cancer.
11. Diverticulitis: Its symptoms are bloating, fever and abdominal pain together with constipation and diarrhea. It can be cured with antibiotics and a liquid diet. With CAT scanning abscess can be prevented which require surgery. After the complications are gone the patient should consume food rich in fibers.
12. Pelvic inflammatory disease: It occurs due to infection of ovarian and Falopian tubes by Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and other sexually transmitted diseases. It can also appear during insertion of intrauterine device, miscarriage, childbirth and abortion. After a pelvic examination this disease is treated with antibiotics because it can cause ectopic (tubal) pregnancy or infertility.
13. Crohn’s disease: This autoimmune disease affects the small colon, small intestine and the GI tract. The most common symptom is bloating together with vomiting after meals, nausea, blood in the stool and weight loss. There are other symptoms as well, as mouth ulcers, skin lesions, , inflammatory in the eyes and joint pain.