Some of the best players in the world are now able to make a remarkable living and harvest more in a week than some workers in a whole decade.
As far as salaries are concerned, some of the most incredible examples come from China and from clubs that want to invest huge sums of money in players who have started to decline in Europe.
Ezequiel Lavezzi earns 331,000 euros a week, Hulk collects 365,000 with SIPG Shanghai and Oscar boasts a staggering salary of 450,000 euros per week.
With examples like this, we can understand why people think that footballers are overpaid, but the aforementioned trio is not even in the top 10 of the highest paid footballers when you consider all their income.
The recent contract renewals in a number of leading European clubs have also allowed some of the biggest names in the sport to make a lot more money.
Based on all of this, The Team produced its annual salary report and identified the top ten highest paid footballers in February 2019.
The final figure is the amount that each player earns on a monthly basis before taxes.
The list includes five La Liga players, two playing in Ligue 1, two other Premier League players and one Serie A player.
Here are the highest paid footballers in 2019
1. Lionel Messi – 8.45 million euros
2. Cristiano Ronaldo – 4.68 million euros
3. Antoine Griezmann – 3.31 million euros
4. Neymar – 3.08 million euros
5. Luis Suarez – 2.86 million euros
6. Gareth Bale – 2.51 million euros
7. Philippe Coutinho – 2.28 million euros
8. Alexis Sanchez – 2.28 million euros
9. Kylian Mbappe – 1.71 million euros
10. Mesut Ozil – 1.6 million euros